Workshop Tunes 101

SVT TruAudio VSSLResidential
4 upvotes

It was boring in the workshop

Woodworking is my husband’s favorite pastime. Taking a piece of rough lumber and turning it into a beautiful piece of furniture is really satisfying. He doesn’t like to hurry; he just likes to enjoy the process and take his time. So, when he retired early and we moved to sunny St George we decided to add the perfect home workshop into our oversized garage. He added extra power, extra lighting, lots of storage, and bought a few new tools (because any man worth his salt can turn any project into a new tool.) Sounds perfect? Well, not quite.

We grew up in the 60’s and 70’s so music was a big part of our lives. Loud rock and roll was part of every gathering, and in the background of every project to help keep the motivation up. In our last home we had a little corner of the garage for him to work in, with an old second-hand stereo for music. He didn’t want to spend any money on anything ‘good’ because it would just get ruined with the sawdust and gunk. This time, I wanted something better. Let’s face it, if I’m going to come help in the workshop I’m going to need some motivational tunes.

Cue TruAudio and Soundvision Technologies!

We started with a VSSL A.1 and a pair of PP-6 speakers. The A.1 was installed in the house to keep it away from the dust and, since it is wireless to the music source, we could put it anywhere! The PP-6 speakers were installed right into the ceiling, keeping them off the workbench and out of the way. It was so great to have quality sound available! Sounds perfect? Well, not quite. We couldn’t hear the music very well over the loud power tools. “It’s fine,” he said. I disagreed.

TruAudio and Soundvision came to the rescue again when they created the IC-SUB-8. It’s an 8” subwoofer that installs seamlessly into the ceiling just like a speaker.

We used a T50 amplifier to power it and the difference was amazing! We were able to turn the volume down and still hear the music over the power tools. Now I don’t mind spending time in the workshop sanding and staining, because the music is better than ever! Thanks Soundvision Technologies!

Products in This Story

Comments

Chase Harrison SVT

Hey, I love this story!

1 upvote